Need Homework Help?
Meadowbrook students and families, don't forget that Spring Break for MB and all Bethalto schools starts is next week,
March 18 - March 22.
School will resume on March 25th. Have a great Spring Break!
Helping Kids Cope with Stress
All children experience stress throughout their childhood. It is helpful to have suggestions on how to help your child cope with stressful situations. The following suggestions are from an article found on KidsHealth.org:
1) Notice out loud– Let your child know that you see that something is bothering them.
2) Listen to your child– Remain calm and listen to what your child says.
3) Comment briefly on the feelings you think your child is experiencing – This shows your child that you are listening to what he/she is saying.
4) Put a label on it– Use feelings and emotions words (angry, sad, etc.) This helps your child identify and express feelings and emotions.
5) Help your child think of things to do– Talk together about what he/she can do in a specific situation.
6) Listen and move on- Sometimes all children need is to talk about what is bothering them and then let it go.
7) Limit stress where possible– Evaluate what is going on in your child’s life. Sometimes reducing activities can reduce the stress.
8) Just be there- Children do not always know how to talk about the situation. Reassure them that you will be there if they want to discuss it.
9) Be patient- As parents we want to fix our children’s problems. Help them develop problem-solving skills to fix their own stressful situations.
The full article can be found at: http://kidshealth.org/en/parents/stress-coping.html Date reviewed 2013.
© 1995- . The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth®.
Meadowbrook Events at a Glance
Student Drop Off/Pick Up
Fourth grade parents will need to drop off and pick up their students on the East side of the building (by the gym).
Fifth grade parents will drop off and pick up their students in front of the cafeteria.
Title 1 Parent Involvement Letter
Letter to Parents - Required Accountability Assessments
|File Size:||143 kb|