Due to the predicted windchill, there will be no school on January 16, 2018 for Unit 8 students.
Need Homework Help?
January 5th- Report cards go home
January 10th- AIMS TESTING
January 11th- AIMS TESTING
January 11th - PTO meeting 6:00 p.m.
January 15th- NO SCHOOL- MLK Day
January 23rd - BLOOD DRIVE
Have you moved recently? Planning to move? Got a new phone?
Please make sure you update any and all changes to your address or phone numbers with the office. It is important to have accurate
School Wide Information
Please check out our website, Twitter page and Facebook page!
Please join our PTO group. Next meeting is Thursday, January 11th at 6:00 p.m.
Be sure your child has a coat for recess!
Please be sure to read your child’s classroom newsletters for events and updates.
Spring pictures- February 2nd
PARCC testing for MB- April 4-20, 2018.
Make it Meadowbrook!
Five Ways to Raise a Grateful Child, by Andrea Hussong is about the importance of gratitude in our children. It suggested ways to increase gratitude in our children. Here are the five major points that include the NOTICE-THINK-FEEL-DO model:
1) Model thankfulness – When we model gratitude our children witness first hand either through our actions or words. They are more likely to show gratitude in their own experiences.
2) Embed it – Think about the environment you create for your children. “In turn, children who are involved in more activities selected by parents to foster gratitude more frequently display gratitude.”
3) Talk about it when it is there – Discuss with your children when they show gratitude. Make it a teaching moment.
4) Talk about it when it is not there – Discuss with your children when they do not show gratitude. Listen to your child about the situation and ways to handle it differently.
5) Repeat it often - Practice and reflect on the moments where we can show gratitude.
The article ends with the suggestion of starting off slowing and working on one thing at a time. This article can be found at:
Student Drop Off/Pick Up
Fourth grade parents will need to drop off and pick up their students on the East side of the building (by the gym).
Fifth grade parents will drop off and pick up their students in front of the cafeteria.
Title 1 Parent Involvement Letter
Letter to Parents - Required Accountability Assessments
|File Size:||143 kb|